Emerging vulnerabilities are constantly being uncovered in both IoT devices already deployed and new ones coming to market, thus surely presaging a growing number of future botnet infections. Blended attacks consisting of DDoS and hacking activities were predominantly aimed at financial and government sectors.
- 200+ Gbps-sized attacks became commonplace late in Q4
- The number of attacks in December increased by 152+%, while attacks in November climbed more than 50% over October
- In the financial sector, WAF alerts surged 2.86X from November to December
- 17,872,563 DNS attacks leveraging cpsc.gov has been recorded
- Mirai started the outbreak of IoT botnets; 426,770 IoT bots were observed since botnet monitoring commenced in October
Download Threat Report
The report is on its way to your email.